As I look over the last year, I have seen God work many ways through our ministry here in Belize.
- – We have seen the formation of a school board which helps guide us in the operation of Belize Friends School. This board is made up of Belizean and FUM representatives as well as staff members of the school.
- – We have been recognized as the greenest school in Belize City due to the collection of over seventy pounds of recyclable materials per student.
- – Funds have been solicited for scholarships for our students through a partnership with the SIF (Social Investment Fund). This is a step in the right direction, but is still not quite enough for the operational needs of the school.
- – For the second year in a row, our school has placed in the top two in a city wide invitational swim meet.
- – With the help of Bob and Ethel Watson, QuickBooks has been installed and Becky has been trained to use it.
Our students come from a variety of backgrounds. For example, two brothers who now attending whose older brother attended a couple of years ago are smart but, they have sad backgrounds. They can be good kids but they both tend to get their family connection from the gangs because their mother neglects them. We are trying to reach out to them.
We continue to reach out to people in the community as opportunities arise. All of this cannot be possible without the support of f/Friends. As 2012 ends, please remember the Barber’s ministry account in your year-end giving. We could not do this without your support.