If there is to be peace in the world,
There must be peace in the nations.
If there is to be peace in the nations,
There must be peace in the cities.
If there is to be peace in the cities,
There must be peace between neighbors.
If there is to be peace between neighbors,
There must be peace in the home.
If there is to be peace in the home,
There must be peace in the heart.
—Lao Tse, Chinese Philosopher, 6th century BCE
- Thank God for the successful conclusion of all of Friends United Meeting’s programmes running before and after the World Conference of Friends. Pray that those who participated will feel God’s guidance as they share their experiences with their home meetings/churches, and that they will be led into new forms of relationship, service and witness as a result of what they experienced in Kenya.
- Pray for Friends United Meeting Africa Ministry’s staff member Judith Ngoya as she has surgery on Friday 4 May at 9am, and recovers on medical leave for the rest of the month of May.
- Pray that all those who worked so hard to make the World Conference of Friends a success can now enjoy some much-deserved rest.
- Pray with Christian Peace Teams for continued safety from shelling for villages in Iraqi Kurdistan. The situation in Syria and Israel’s threats of military action against Iran imperil a ceasefire in that area between a Kurdish militia group and the Iranian military. (Prayers for Peacemakers, May 2, 2012)
- The Africa Ministries Office (AMO) is our May Ministry of the Month. Remember in your prayers this month all of the hard work of our staff and the many projects they coordinate. We love you Judith, John, and Eden!
- The FUM Richmond staff concluded a time of prayer on the National Day of Prayer. Please join us in praying for wisdom for our national leaders, for human resources to come up with the paperwork the Barbers need for their Belizean children, for Judith Ngoya who is having surgery tomorrow, for the interviews for a new editor of Quaker Life, and for Friends everywhere.