Achievements of the Mission in 2009:
- Members were mobilized to make contributions to support the construction of a meetinghouse.
- Leadership development — locals were trained to take responsibility of Friend’s church leadership in terms of Quaker faith and practice procedures.
- Sponsorship to promote girl-child education — six girls are currently in the sponsorship program and more than 20 girls have benefited from these programs since 1997.
- Lokoyo hand pump was repaired and it is in use by the community and school children.
- We supported two students at Friends Theological College.
Needs of the Mission in 2010:
- Our old vehicle is grounded — we need mobility for our director who coordinates mission work.
- Water is life — all new areas and stations need water.
- Our primary school needs a boarding facility — a dormitory for girls and boys to increase the enrollment in the schools.
- Currently we have five units of rental housing and we need 15 more — these are income generating and help pay for staff salaries while creating a self-sustaining mission.
- Health facilities for the needs of our members — mobile clinics or dispensaries in remote areas.